God's Perfect Love Casts our Fear



Many years ago when my son Jacob was young he was trying to ask permission to do something that was not allowed in our house.  He tried to by-pass me by asking his mom for permission. I recognized his sly trick.  I asked him to come close to me, but he would not come.  I persisted, but he continued to stay away from me.  He knew that he had asked the wrong question and now he was scared.  He thought I would punish him.  I called him again and promised that I was not going to spank him. I just wanted him to be close to me, so that I could explain why I had put that rule in our house. 

Finally, after some persistence, Jacob took the courage to move forward and come close to me. I explained the reason for the rule and he agreed to do the right thing.  I know that he did not fully understand the reason, but my love for him, made him do the right thing. At that moment all his fear vanished, since I was able to hug him and make him feel comfortable.  All his fears were NO longer existent.

Every day, each and everyone of us go through life ruled by many fears.  Perhaps we lost a job, or we have an incurable disease, or we lost a loved one, or we see our life in danger, or we are lonely.  When we are in any such circumstances or situations, we seem to be controlled by questions, such as: What If? What will I do? What if God doesn’t?  That is when fear starts overcoming our lives. Perhaps you may have allowed yourself to be part of things that were forbidden and were against the will of God in your life, which may have created the situation. This naturally creates a fear in our lives too.  

When my son was far away from me, fear had overcome his life.  He started getting scared of the same Father, on whose shoulder he loved to jump and play.  Fear made him stay away from the Father who loved him no matter what mistakes he did.  Fear made him feel unworthy to be on his father’s lap or being close to his presence. As long as my son was away from me, he was in a state of fear; however as soon as he was near me his fear vanished.

No matter what the circumstances or situations, God is commanding everyone to not live a life of fear.  1 John 4:18(ESV)  There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. 

Fear paralyzes!!  Every time we experience fear, it has a unique characteristic to paralyze our thinking, our emotions and our actions. Anybody who lives in fear fails to do anything.  He or she seems to cringe from every right decision they ought to make for their lives.  Fear has a unique tendency to overcome all of life’s decisions forcing us to destroy us, unless we rise up against it.

Revelation 12:11 confirms that "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death," it was the blood of the lamb that entitled all people to overcome their enemy.  Fear is our enemyIf today we are overcome by fear, maybe it is time for us to recognize that the death(when the blood of the lamb was shed on the cross) and resurrection of Jesus has already entitled ALL people to be an over comer.  

All who do not have Jesus in their life, do not have this hope or guarantee. Even if they try to live positively on their own will, they will only pacify their fears temporarily.   

My son’s fears were allayed, when he came close to his loving father, no matter what he did.  Similarly, our Father in Heaven is calling each one of us to come close to Jesus.  He will then help us take away all our fears and help us live a life of eternal peace and joy. 

We can either be overcome with fear or we can overcome the fear with Jesus in our life.  The choice is in our hands!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Jesus Christ the real Prajapati mentioned in Hindu Vedas?

Social Media and God - The Common Factor

Biblical Fasting