Ground Zero Cross - In Just one day!!


On September 11, 2001, as I was working in my office in New Jersey, my wife called me and said a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center (WTC). I was shocked to hear this news and checked the news websites for more information. As I sat about 35 miles away from WTC my heart was still in New York, since it was just 6 months back that I had moved to work for a firm in New Jersey. The subway under the WTC was part of my daily commute. I used to reach NYC every day around the same time when the two planes hit the Twin Towers. Who knows, I could have been one of the 4000 people who died on 9/11, but that day I was safely sitting far away from this terrible destruction, but  I was in a state of shock and sad to see the destruction of 1000's of lives. As utter destruction came into New York City in just one day, many people were caught by surprise. But there was one symbol of hope that we all saw in the ruins of the WTC, it was the Ground Zero cross.


Couple of years ago, as I remembered on the anniversary of 9/11, God showed me an interesting parallel with one of His prophesies from the Bible. It is written that in the last days Jesus will come down from heaven and all those who have accepted Jesus as their only God and have repented of their sins “will be caught up together” with him in the clouds and they will be with the Lord forever (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17). However, on earth it will mark the beginning of the tribulation period, which will begin with a 7 year peace plan with Israel, its neighbors and other nations, followed by one of the most terrible destruction periods on earth. During this period almost half the population of the earth will be destroyed, the water in the rivers and seas will be dried out, food will be scarce & living on earth will be worse than living in Hell. This is God’s judgment on all who failed to accept Jesus, along with satan and his followers.

The people across the world are looking to find world peace, but based on the Bible this will never happen. A deceptive peace will come into terms with this world for a few years, but soon after we will begin to see the  judgment on this earth. It will indeed surprise a lot of people - including many namesake Christians, just like it was on 9/11. Just like God took me out of the impending disaster on 9/11 and put me in a safe place, similarly, on that day God will take many who who have accepted Christ through repentance of their sins to a safer place, so that they do not suffer God’s judgment. 

The choice to accept Christ will end when our life on earth ends or when Christ comes back, whichever is earlier. There are no multiple rebirths, that is simply a myth. We just have one life of earth. The Ground Zero cross unconventionally found on the ruins of the World Trade Center is a stark reminder for many that only the saving grace of Jesus through the forgiveness of sins will ensure one to be taken into a safe place with the true God of Heaven – so that we can live forever.

Otherwise, in just one day it will be just too late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Jesus Christ the real Prajapati mentioned in Hindu Vedas?

Social Media and God - The Common Factor

Biblical Fasting